Skip to main content

An itinerary for turning 30!

 Its been a long time in putting this down on paper (or indeed into a computer) to communicate my dates and my plans with my nearest and dearest so lets just get it done.  I'll make tweaks to this post as flights and plans are finalised but this should be the main landing page if you want to find me.

July/August 2011- Farewell London and Hello Europe
10th July British 10km London 
14th July cousin Julie and Family visiting from Berlin
15th July last day at work (Work Farewell)
16th July - Harry Potter morning followed by London Farewell/30th 
19th July ex Heathrow for Berlin (10.25am departure)
Krakow, Budapest and Vienna en-route to Tuscany
30 July - 6 August Tuscany for Charlottes 30th. 
7 August - ferry from Ancona to Split Bari to Durres Albania
8 August - Tirana, Albania
9 August - Tirana to Lake Ohrid, Macedonia
10 August - Lake Ohrid, Macedonia
11 August- Lake Ohrid, Macedonia
12 August - Lake Ohrid, Macedonia
13 August - Lake Ohrid, Macedonia
14 August- Lake Ohrid, Macedonia
15 August- Lake Ohrid - Tirana
16 August - Tirana - Budva, Montenegro
17 August - Kotor, Montenegro - bus to Sarajevo
18 August - Sarajevo - bus to Belgrade
19 August - René arrives in Belgrade - Sarajevo
20 August - Sarajevo
21 August - Mostar
22 August - Dubrovnik
23 August - Split - Hvar
24 August - Split - Zadar - London
25 August - London
26 August - Tracey Emmin Exhibition
27 August - London
28 August - London
29 August - Notting Hill Carnival - London
30 August - London - Sydney
 1st - Arrive Sydney 5.30am stay with Gemma & Sandy
 6th - Arrive Auckland 21:00 - TJ and VJ to collect me (excited!!)
 7th - adjusting to NZ life indulging in the quiet of the big smoke!
 8th - Hanging out with Chloe
 9th - Auckland NZ v Tonga, Eden Park (spare ticket going!)
10th - hanging out with Nikki
11th - fly south to Dunedin - Mum to collect me at 11am
16th -  Gore - pre-birthday celebrations with my Gore crew
17th - Invercargill - my 30th birthday with family and friends. Mum, Fiona, Simon and I Argentina v Romania Homestead. Other plans to be arranged.
18th - Invercargill Desmond Barlows christening.
20's  - TBC fly back to Auckland
24th - NZ v France, Eden Park with Chloe
25th - Fiji v Samoa, Eden Park 
Week visiting friends in Whangarei (watch out folks!)

October 2011 - Visitors and Rugby
1st - England v Scotland, Eden Park
2nd - Tonga v Samoa, Eden Park
3rd - fly to Queenstown with Col, Villie and Barron at 7am - boys renowned for missing flights should be interesting! Hoping to get to Franz, Q'town
6th - Gore (maybe!) Sister SC's Big 0 birthday
7th - Dunedin with Hana and Hugh
8th  - fly Dunedin to Auckland with Jetstar (wish me luck) René to pick me up :o)
8th - Quarter 1, Eden Park - with TJ
9th - Quarter 2, Eden Park
Week in Auckland with friends - this is likely to be carnage. 
14th - Auckland - 30th Birthday party with friends (facebook invite with details - if you read this and want to come and I have inadvertently not invited you shout!!! I clearly have a lot on!)
15th - Auckland - Semi 1, Eden Park with Barron, Harding and Col
16th - Auckland - Semi 2, Eden Park with Col 
17th - farewell the boys on Monday (all things going to plan!)
Week in Auckland messing around - cupcake baking with Renee? Long lunches/Wine evenings/museum, walk up Rangitoto? Options!
21st - Josh's Birthday (booo I will be in the North Island!)
23rd - World Cup Final (Katie P's Birthday don't forget!)
29th - Megz Hens night

November 2011 - Weddings
 4th Chris and Jodie's wedding , Christchurch 
 5th  Uncle Keiths birthday with the family, Christchurch
13th - injury dependent - Southland Half Marathon
18th Megz and Kyle's Wedding, Winton 
21st Fionas Birthday, Invercargill
25th Megz 30th, Gore

December making curtains and wrapping presents, Babysitting, baking, preparing and running. Southland only!

January 2012 - Asia adventure
 3rd - Fly to Auckland with Tom and Vicky
 5th - Fly to Melbourne
10th - Fly to Singapore
Want to do Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Burma (Myanmar), Bangladesh, India, Nepal - who knows where else! 


July 25th Mumbai to London
August 2012 - London Olympics



Comments

  1. Oh so I see you aren't coming to my (& Su's) AWESOME bday party on the 21st Nov then?!?

    Seriously though, your plans sound awesome - soooooo jealous and super excited to see you soon!

    Love V & T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry VJ and Su! If you want to fork out for my flight I might consider it...but think you'll be sick of me by November anyway! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My My Myanmar

I have been touched, pinched, squeezed and had my back rubbed as I was sick. Myanmar is one phenomenal place which I have so much hope for. Hope for democracy, hope for development and hope for conservation, all in a gradual process without losing its authenticity. I have felt safe, with my large amounts of cash (remember no ATM’s so budgeting became a real past time of all travellers not just the “budget” ones) and in pilgrimaging crowds, in villages and on rickety hill top roads, travelling solo or in a crowd. Not once did I fear for my personal safety or that of my belongings. I had to stop myself on the first day from being so travel weary and closed. I had to trust. I had to open up and Myanmar may well have taught me one of my greatest lessons on my Big Adventure. captive in Myanmar There were moments of democratic desire, like an aged village monk carrying a bamboo log who stopped me to ask “Do you know Aung San?” to which I replied quietly knowing it was a very c

2022 Challenge - Te Araroa trail

Catching up on this blog after a 4 year hiatus.  I arrived back in New Zealand in 2015 fresh off a Rugby World Cup final win and with excitement to settle in my homeland. Life in Auckland has been consumed by working in Consulting and home ownership, spending time with family and friends and enjoying the gifts the New Zealand has to offer.  I've observed I have a pattern of 4 year cycles. There was Valencia in 2007, then the Big Adventure in 2011, Moving home in 2015, and In 2019/2020 I renovated my house and it wasn't quite the challenge that scratched the adventure itch enough. The pandemic has challenged us all and after long periods of isolation, working at home, lockdowns and the heartbreaking reality that motherhood might not be my path in life and with new found reduced restrictions something had to change After winter beached on the couch I have decided to see my own country Aotearoa New Zelaand.  This October I will be taking on the Te Araroa Trail, 3,000km walk from C

Day 16 - 23 Everyone needs good friends

The great Ocean Beach escape allowed me a day to rest while Teena worked, her daughter studied for exams and husband went on a free-dive course. I also had the pleasure of watching my trail friends come off the gnarly hike I had ahead of me. Feet up on the deck I waved them through. The Bach hospitality was wonderful. Relaxed and restorative.  The following morning Teena dropped me back to Oceans Beach with a day bag (hooray) to conquer the Bream Head Track. A beast I had been eyeing every step of Oceans beach two days prior. It was a slow exposed grassy ascent followed by a full on climb with ropes and frantic footing. So grateful not to have more weight on my back, to make these climbs simplified and sticks to steady the climb. I slipped on a tree root on a narrow section reminding me to concentrate. The views from the glimpses between the forest canopy stretched north to my yesterdays and south to my tomorrows long hike and Marsden Pt and Bream Bay. I was on the hunt for the lost ye